We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.


Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wired up

So I've been making rings non-stop lately, out of random buttons and wire. Makes me wonder what else I can do with wire. Wire is fun stuff. I can't take all the credit for it...I actually got the idea from a woman in Portland, who made them in her boutique...this is the one i bought from her...I wanted to try to make them myself, so i did, and their actually pretty easy. You only need a few simple tools...some beading wire ( i like to use 24 gage) some needle nose pliers, and of course some buttons, or beads whatever you prefer. One thing I do need though, is a mandrel, which I just recently discoverd. It allows you to wrap the wire around it to create a specific ring size....Here are some I have made so far.....
Yesterday I went to the antique store....( I just realized I must sound like martha stewart) I found these antique buttons from the late 1800's..so now i plan on making some vintage rings...aren't these beautiful? Oh, if a button could speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment